Myofascial Release Therapy - Waterloo, Ontario
WHAT IS MYOFASCIAL RELEASE THERAPY?
Myofascial Release Therapy targets injured, inflamed or fibrotic soft-tissue in the body. Many different types of soft-tissue therapies exist including Myofascial Release Therapy, Active Release Therapy ®, Trigenics ® , Graston ®, post-isometric relaxation, neuro-dynamic mobilization therapy and others. Directing treatment at injured muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and other soft-tissues in the body is an important part of a comprehensive treatment plan. Dr. Nyman will determine if your injury would benefit from a specific type of Myofascial Release Therapy and make recommendations to assist you in your recovery.
Myofascial Release Therapy is often effective in providing relief for:
- musculoskeletal (MSK) injuries
- tendonitis, tedinosis or tendinopathy
- muscle strains and spasms
- ligament sprains
- chronic pain syndromes
- ...and many other soft-tissue injuries
Here are a few examples of conditions that respond well to Myofascial Release Therapy:
- tennis elbow
- golfer's elbow
- rotator cuff injuries and impingement syndromes
- hamstring and quadriceps strains/tears
- Knee sprains and mild-moderate osteoarthritis of the knee
- Achilles tendinopathy ("tendonitis")
- Plantar fasciitis - heel pain
- TMJ disorders - jaw pain
Learn more about how Myofascial Release Therapies may help you recover faster
If you would like to know more about the Myofascial Release Therapies Dr. Nyman offers and how they may help you recover faster from your specific injury, please contact us and our friendly staff will be glad to assist you.